Nevada & California Cannabis laws

None information give on the site is to be consider to be legal advice… all information on this site is from the state of Nevada website or from the GENERAL PROVISIONS ADMINISTRATION OF LAWS RELATING TO CANNABIS… all links are back checked for accuracy.


Title 56 Nevada Revised Statutes 678A – Administration of Laws Relation to Cannabis

Nevada Administrative Code 453D – Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana

Nevada NAC for Cannabis NAC 453A

California Laws for Cannabis

California Security

California Laws pdf

Bureau of cannabis control in California

The California BCC Law

Possession & Consumption

If you plan to use cannabis, it’s important to know and follow the laws.   The laws on this page may not apply to medical cannabis.

Buying Cannabis

The only legal way to buy cannabis in Nevada is from a state-licensed retail store. It is illegal to buy cannabis from any other source. Customers purchasing retail cannabis will have to show proper identification proving they are 21 or older, just like for alcohol purchases.

Possessing Cannabis

Adults 21 years and older can legally possess cannabis in the following amounts:

  • Up to 1 ounce of cannabis
  • Up to 1/8 of an ounce of concentrated cannabis (the separated resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from cannabis)

Consuming Cannabis

Adults 21 years and older can legally consume cannabis, but with restrictions on where it can be consumed:

  • You cannot use cannabis in any public place
  • You cannot use cannabis in a moving vehicle, even if you’re a passenger

Cannabis can only be consumed on private property (at home, for example), and as long as the property owner has not prohibited it.

Driving and Cannabis

It is illegal and dangerous to drive under the influence of cannabis. Any amount of cannabis consumption puts you at risk of driving impaired.

Learn more about marijuana (cannabis) and driving from Zero Fatalities. (clicking this link will direct you away from the CCB site)

All information is not from a lawyer… we do not give any legal advice… we help you read and post or implement the law the way it is stated in the law… if your lawyer gives you advice on this law you shuld keep it on site with the your security log book….